Process Work


I thought I'd share some of my process work for my doodles and commissions.  I usually start out with a really rough sketch.  I try to get the pose and porportions without focussingon the details.  That way I don't spend a lot of time on the sketch.  Also it helps me a lot with the inking stage.  I usually feel bored doing inks, it feels a lot like tracing to me.  Working off of a vague sketch I feel more creative because I'm still making descions  and contributing to the drawing other than making curvy lines.
Flats are an annoying but nessacary part of the process.  They take so long to do but they make the rendering process so much easier with it.  I can see why a lot of color artits pay people to handle flats for them!
The shading and Rendering stage is fun.  Like editing a film, you can really start seeing the whole thing come together.  And it's surprising how many creative decisions you can still make that late in the process.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Avi Kishundat © 2012. Powered by Blogger.